click here to maximize your minimalism!
click here to view my favorites from the archives. gee
are you a fonts enthusiast? a typophile?
find the beauty on your daily walk! take time to notice the details of your landscape.
there is nothing like seeing a great handbag in action.
plastics are our future. how can you resist plastic? it is so shiny and pleasing. I have a penchant for plastics.
chronicling my quest for the one true
have you ever noticed the similarity between nyc fire call boxes and benevolent Kannon, goddess of mercy?
every design, fashion and art magazine I read lately features some important directional artist making big contributions to their genre. and where do they live? brooklyn!
who says there are no more 'new ideas' in art and design? the newness is in the juxtaposition.
this is how I really get things done. with my little green co-worker/task-master.
clothing & accessories design
useful, economical, modular pieces that can be mix-matched in numerous
ways (because why can't fashion be useful and lasting? I think
it can!) So I say Maximize your Minimalism!
Satin Karate Belt featured in Dec 06 Real Simple
Voted Best Designer 2006 Style Bakery
'On the Rise'
Daily Buss Feature
in the blog press
the girl who ate everything
(into) the fray
far too cute
couture in the city
high fashion girl
furniture (especially chairs from the 50s and 60s), uniforms, repeating patterns, menswear, Oscar Niemeyer,
traditional Japanese architecture, the Rimpa School and Ogata Korin's 8-Point Bridge, Matisse, bromeliads,
succulents and other waxy flora
bamboo, coral, moss, woodgrain, silhouettes & other cut-outs, plastic,
low-resolution images, the photo copier, off-registration prints, Max
Ernst's Lunar Asparagus, NYC fire call boxes that look like Kannon, Fauvist color sense, the Noguchi Museum,
pretty much all of Abstract Expressionism
magazines of current
Domino, Elle Decor (British), ARTnews, Art in America, Wallpaper
favorite heel style
the wedge, but a sleek modern interpretation
current shoe obsession
alas, the sneaker. (because I live in nyc and walk a ton!) but not too
sneakery of a sneaker. more of a sneaker disguised as a shoe, like a mary
jane style or a high-tech looking black one with a metallic accent. how
about Royal Elastics? I must go try some on. I really like the non-sneakeryness
of their styles.
things i did this morning
- ate breakfast (actual breakfast pictured above: pb toast and coffee. how do you like this coffee cup? my friend just gave it to me. it is accurate down to the raised seam, but it is ceramic, not paper.)
- wrote a blog entry
- got involved in looking at too many websites while looking for pertinent links
- searched blogger to see if my blog has been indexed yet
- searched "perlov blog" and found mine and a few others that talk about me. neat
- searched "elaine blog" and found this one
- thought about writing to all elaines who have blogs just to say, "hey my name is elaine and i have a blog too!" but didn't.
- tried to find out how i can get stats for my blog
- checked my web stats when i couldn't figure that out
- banned myself from the computer
- set the egg timer and got to work
Labels: blogging, breakfast, greek cup, peanut butter toast