i am a fashion designer. gee
     
click here to maximize your minimalism!

click here

click here

click here

click here to view my favorites from the archives. gee

 

 

 

are you a fonts enthusiast? a typophile?
read more

find the beauty on your daily walk! take time to notice the details of your landscape.
read more

there is nothing like seeing a great handbag in action.
read more

plastics are our future. how can you resist plastic? it is so shiny and pleasing. I have a penchant for plastics.
read more

chronicling my quest for the one true
Greek Cup
read more

have you ever noticed the similarity between nyc fire call boxes and benevolent Kannon, goddess of mercy?
read more

every design, fashion and art magazine I read lately features some important directional artist making big contributions to their genre. and where do they live? brooklyn!
read more

who says there are no more 'new ideas' in art and design? the newness is in the juxtaposition.
read more

this is how I really get things done. with my little green co-worker/task-master.
read more

my clothing & accessories design
east-meets-west minimalism

my site
elaineperlov.com

the look
dressy utilitarian

my concept
useful, economical, modular pieces that can be mix-matched in numerous ways (because why can't fashion be useful and lasting? I think it can!) So I say Maximize your Minimalism!

Satin Karate Belt featured in Dec 06 Real Simple

Voted Best Designer 2006 Style Bakery
'On the Rise'
Awards

Daily Buss Feature

Luckymag.com Feature

in the blog press
midtown lunch
brownstoner
racked
coutorture
the girl who ate everything
coutorture
queens eats
(into) the fray
stylefinds
funky finds
style document
stylefinds
gowanus lounge
far too cute
modish
ethereal bliss
couture in the city
independent luxe
decor 8
funky finds
urban socialite
lady licorice
high fashion girl

more press...

inspiration
furniture (especially chairs from the 50s and 60s), uniforms, repeating patterns, menswear, Oscar Niemeyer, traditional Japanese architecture, the Rimpa School and Ogata Korin's 8-Point Bridge, Matisse, bromeliads, succulents and other waxy flora

particular loves
bamboo, coral, moss, woodgrain, silhouettes & other cut-outs, plastic, low-resolution images, the photo copier, off-registration prints, Max Ernst's Lunar Asparagus, NYC fire call boxes that look like Kannon, Fauvist color sense, the Noguchi Museum, pretty much all of Abstract Expressionism

magazines of current interest
Domino, Elle Decor (British), ARTnews, Art in America, Wallpaper

favorite heel style
the wedge, but a sleek modern interpretation

second favorite
the stiletto

current shoe obsession
alas, the sneaker. (because I live in nyc and walk a ton!) but not too sneakery of a sneaker. more of a sneaker disguised as a shoe, like a mary jane style or a high-tech looking black one with a metallic accent. how about Royal Elastics? I must go try some on. I really like the non-sneakeryness of their styles.

 

 

 


4.11.2006

color forecasting: my picks


Want to know the hot colors for Spring 06? You could always take a look at the Pantone site and read the articles, or purchase a color book like this one for $275. If you ask me though, it will be grassy green. Along with bright shades of turquoise, yellow, orange and hot pink. Rich, saturated colors. (Even if pastel shades were featured, I would not use them. I look to the trends, but then pick what I like, and what works within my idiom.) I like to predict these trends by looking at what is hot in interiors. British Elle Decor is a good 6-9 months ahead. Over the years, I have noticed that the same colors they show trickle down to fashion.











For complete how-to steps on growing your own grassy green mini-lawn, go to this post.

Labels: , ,

:::

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

"I admit I tried grass once, but I didn't put it all the way on." - President William Jefferson Clinton

OK. So what's the matter with grassy green as a fashion color? Nothing you say? Well let's think this out a little farther, shall we?

If we are all clad in grassy green, strange men in mesh ballcaps featuring a leaping yellow deer may want to come up and mow us. If we lie down in a soft spring sun, will we not completely disappear save for hands, face and some ridiculously expensive shoes? And how long will it be before someone comes up with the omnipresent accessories of dandelion buttons, fire hydrant pins and (ew) ladybug applique?

And let's not even talk about the potential for potty mistakes with our friendly four-legged friends!

Nay! I say nay to grassy green anything, unless it is perchance the green green cover my grassy assy of a frond skirt worn by a nubile young polynesian girl as she slowly sways her hips back and forth in an entrancing motion that make sme feel all warm and squooshy inside.


Ds

P.S. Jodi sent me over here to add some muted grey to your otherwise green-hued world.

4:28 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

"I tried grass once, but I didn't put it all the way on." - President William Jefferson Clinton

What's wrong with grassy as a fashionplate? Nothing you say? well, perhaps come along with me and we'll see if we can't find a reason or two why grass is for lawns and not for clothing...

If we were to wear nothing but grassy green, it's entirely likely that hordes of men in matching green mesh ballcaps with yellow flying deer on them would roam around the cityscape feeling the need to mow us at every opportunity.

If we were to lay down in Central Park for a quick springtime nap, we'd quite possibly disappear save for face, hands, and ridiculously overpriced footwear.

Beofre long, we'd be bombarded with the omni-present high fashion accessory line featuring dandelion buttons, fire hydrant brooches, and (ew) ladybug appliques.

And let's not even think about the potential for potty-tastrophes compliments of man's best four-legged friends!

Nay! I say nay to anything grassy save be it a green grassy frond skirt swaying enticingly on the hip of some nubile young polynesian dancer as she sashays her way right into my dreams and makes me hers.


Ds

P.S. Jodi sent me over here to add some muted grey to your otherwise grassy green world.

4:36 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your comment got published twice. I don't know why. Thanks for writing! You are sassy like Jodi. You may say nay, but I still say YAY to grassy green.

4:51 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hm. Sassy like Jodi. I can certainly think of worse things to be called... Nobel Prize Winning Poet Laureate comes to mind...

Ds

8:42 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I so agree! I just saw some sneakers in this color that I sooo wanted!

9:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home