Here are some of my tips for shopping online on elaineperlov.com:
1. Know your measurements. That's Bust-Waist-Hips.* Did you know that it is free to get your measurements done at your local tailor? All websites will have a size conversion chart, so you can see how your measurements correspond to different companies' sizing. Whereas sizes are relative (you could be an 8 in one designer's line and a 4 in another), your measurements are always absolute. I suggest keeping your measurements at hand when you are ordering. And while you're at it, keep a tape measure near your computer too. You may want to see where a 24" skirt hits on your frame. At the knee? Above? Below? Familiarize yourself with this link to our size conversion chart. And feel free to email us with any questions.
*The Bust measurement is the circumference at the fullest point around the body with the tape measure parallel to the floor. It is important to note that this measurement is different from bra size.
2. Join our mailing list. You will get special promo codes in your email box from time to time that are not advertised to the general public. We have tiered mailing lists including Premiere and Preferred Customers (based on your purchases each year, compiled from both online and offline sales.) Special customers receive early notice of Limited Editions and as well as greater discounts, Promo Codes and special unadvertised offers throughout the year. Everyone on the mailing list receives goodies, sneak peaks and surprise discounts, so sign up today.
3. Read this blog. I preview new pieces here first sometimes. And sometimes I even reveal Promo Codes too. Always worth a read.
4. Don't be afraid to email or call us if you are having trouble deciding. We would be happy to answer your questions and help you maximize your minimalism!
5. Try one piece first to get your feet wet. Then come back for more. If it turns out that you are between sizes, no problem. Call us with your measurements on the exchange.
6. Sometimes it is best to have a piece altered in your home town, by a tailor you trust. Cultivate a relationship with your local tailor. This way, you can communicate exactly what you want, and see the changes in person.
7. Request any swatches from us. They are free! I personally always like to feel the fabrics, don't you?
8. Are you especially tall? Petite? Long-waisted? Short-waisted? Call us. I'll bet we can fit you. On certain designs, this service is free! (We'll let you know the extra charges, if any.)
9. Do tell us of any special event you may have and by what date you will need your pieces delivered. If you have ordered 3+ days before your event, we can usually rush it out to you, at no extra charge to you (as long as it is in stock). We ship US Postal 2-3 day Priority Mail with Delivery Confirmation to anywhere in the country. For an additional charge, we also offer expedited freight via FedEx if you have to have it NOW. Check out the "Shipping & Taxes" link on the bottom of the checkout pages.
10. Don't wait forever to order that piece you have been pining away over. We do sell out of pieces entirely. Like the Geisha Top, for example.
11. Investigate our automated shopping online. Our custom designed shopping system is particularly fast, easy and fun, with a thumbnail included on the checkout page for each piece you have added to your bag. All of our policies, including privacy and returns, shipping and sales tax, gift cards and international orders are included at the bottom of every checkout page for your at-a-glance easy reference. Use those Promo Codes we sent you! Join the mailing list or open an online account. Add a piece to your bag today and start building your modular wardrobe with us. It is pleasantly easy. And we are here to assist you. I think you will like the quality. All of our pieces are handmade, with an attention to detail.